Currently, UNASO has a membership of over 2000 AIDS Service Organizations in the country, and has facilitated the formation of 55 district networks as a strategy of fostering collaboration, networking and coordination of Civil Society Organization to contribute to the National HIV response.
How to Join UNASO Membership
We welcome new organizations to join our membership. It is on voluntary basis since not all NGOs in Uganda are our members. However, in an effort to promote collective action and influence, we endeavor to reach out to other NGOs and civil society organizations that are not members but subscribe to the objectives of UNASO An organization wishing to become a member submits a duly filled out membership form together with following attachments:
- A copy of the Certification of Registration from the NGO Board;
- A copy of the Organization’s Constitution;
While the primary constituency of UNASO is AIDS Service Organizations (ASOs), other institutions and platforms; that are not generally referred to as CSOs but whose interests are in line with the vision and mission of UNASO are welcome to join our membership. In addition, there are many other service subscribers to the work of UNASO including government, researchers, students, private sector, development partners etc. While these are not members, they are constituencies that UNASO provides required services to; primarily aiming to profile the work of members and CSO sector.
Member Obligations, Roles and Responsibilities
- Members must subscribe to the Vision, Mission and Values of UNASO
- Members should participate and monitor the success of UNASO programmes.
- Members should regularly report on their work to the Secretariat so it is shared with fellow members, the wider civil society and other stakeholders
- Members must pay annual membership subscription dues.
- Members should be proactive in prompting the organization on important issues it needs to engage with 6. Continuously update the UNASO of changes in their organization.